The tragedy took place late on January 27. According to the Emergency Ministry, Barysaugaz workers were called to help open the door to the apartments in the five-storey building on the Dnyaprouskaya street.
In one of the apartments, the rescuers found the bodies of man and woman. The apartment smelled like gas.
In the apartment on the floor below were also found victims of gas poisoning. There rescuers found the bodies of four more persons, including two minors – 10 and 17 years old.
One of the version, considered by the investigation is failure of gas equipment. Now specialists working at the scene will conduct an examination of equipment and documentation of the organization that serviced the house.
Law enforcers launched a criminal case against the employees’ of Barysaumezhraygaz according to Art. 428 of the Criminal Code of Belarus – professional negligence.