The weapon was discussed by the Belarusian Defense Minister Andrei Raukou in an interview with belta.by.
According to the head of the Belarusian military, the local weapons industry is developing and modernizing about 20 types of equipment and weapons. In a conversation with an information agency, Andrei Raukou mentioned some of them.
1. A factory of precise electromechanics is developing a rocket launcher system with a range of about 300 km.
“The ballistic flight trajectory of the rocket is at an altitude of 50 km. The ammunition dives at the target almost vertically, has a speed of up to five speeds of sound. Today there are no means in the world that can destroy this ammunition,” Raukou explains.
2. In the interests of missile forces and artillery, work continues on the creation of new and modernization of old artillery fire control systems.
3. The modernization of the T-72B tanks to the level of T-72BM1 and T-72BZ continues.
4. In 2018, mobile command posts of radio technical brigades will be equipped with the radio engineering troops.
5. Minsk Wheeled Tractor Plant and JSC “140 Repair Plant” developed armored vehicles “V1” and “Cayman”.
6. Universal caterpillar machines “Niemen-GM” and “Niemen-GM-M” are being developed.
7. In 2018, the development of a command and staff vehicle based on the modernized BTR-60 will be completed.
8. Work is underway to create a line of satellite communications stations.
“Thanks to the point-by-point rearmament, the share of modern models in our army should increase to 50%,” Minister Raukou said.